wtorek, 20 grudnia 2011

I`m an artist with a message - interview with Lilas Lafleur





You released debut EP ''Top of the world'' and gave it for free on the Internet. Most young people want to immediately make money from their creativity but you don`t. Why?

Lilas: Because I donate do music just for the money, I`m an artist with a message and I also wanted people to discover who is Lilas.


Your music is rooted in gospel music. Anyway now feel it in your new EP. Is it difficult today to be an artist whose style and creativity of being founded on Christian principles?

It is if you want it to be difficult, you need to know what you called to do and have lot of wisdom and discernment, I think that anybody can survive this world without this two essential elements and personally I cling onto God for everything, Has guiding me all the way.

Let's talk about gospel music. This music is very close to me because I sang several years in the gospel choir and I met brilliant people representatives this music from around the world. Sometimes among my countrymen in Poland says that this music is not for ''white people''
because they don`t feel gospel. It sounds absurdly but people think so. What do you think about this?


I think its just ignorance, you know the history of black slaves and what they used to sing, Gospel but you d have to be black to sing gospel so it will also mean you have to be black to feel God? Absolutely not! Its ignorance and stereotypes.

You said that you have an impact in peoples lives. In what way?

My music is based on LOVE, TRUTH, ENCOURAGEMENT, WISDOM and that`s what people need, food for the soul. When I perform my song Girlfriend, I have young ladies running to me crying and saying I wrote the song for them, that`s my job done!

Besides music you like a fashion, right? You can tell the tale? Does it inspire you in creating music?

I love fashion, it`s an art too and I got into more because of my partner, he is a fashion designer so we work together, like now for my debut album next year we are working on the style so that his clothing line and my music will go together and has also choose to be the official face of his line.

I noticed your interest lies the violence against women. You sing about it in the song ''Girlfriend''. Tell us about it.

I have experience domestic violence and abuse, through my faith I came out not only as a survivor because that`s not enough but has an overcomer, who keeps walking in thay freedom everyday. I thank God for goinf through it so now I have to help others come out of it. By the way the single will be out this week on my website www.lilaslafleur.com. The single is supporting Womens Aid England and Girlfriend Foundation for DR Congo, DR Congo where I`m from, over 6 millions people died since 96, 3 millions women and children been raped in the last 10 years but international media is talking about it and I use my music, my education to spread the word about this injustice.

I saw you have plans for the first album and the artists with which you already working on. You can tell us a bit about the album and plans?

Yes I have with my boys Prestege from Toronto and Gryndhousz, cousins of John Legend, I have lot of people approaching me for featurings but this two got talents that just touches me, maybe some other artists. But I think people will be a bit shocked with what I am about to bring on my debut album, starting from the lyrics, the fashion around it. I cant wait to present to you all next year.

www.lilaslafleur.com
www.youtube.com/lilasofficial
www.twitter.com/lilaslafleur

Check out the interview in Polish website Wiadomości24.pl

Listen Lilas song ''Girlfriend''


________________________________________

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz